- Who has shot a 58 in golf?
- How many pro golfers have shot 58?
- How many people have shot 59 on the PGA Tour?
- What players have shot 59 on the PGA Tour?
- What’s the lowest golf score ever recorded?
- What is the lowest golf score ever recorded by a male on an 18 hole course?
- What is the most birdies in a round?
- Did Jim Furyk shoot a 59?
- Who shot a 59?
(AP) — Jim Furyk set a PGA Tour record Sunday, shooting a 58 during the final round of the Travelers Championship.
Furyk, who has 17 PGA Tour victories, was already one of six golfers to shoot a 59 in his career.
He did that during the second round of the BMW Championship in 2013.
Who has shot a 58 in golf?
Lowest rounds in professional competition
21 more rows
How many pro golfers have shot 58?
Jim Furyk’s historic 58 in 58 seconds
There have been 10 sub-60 rounds shot in PGA TOUR history. Nine have been 59s, and Jim Furyk has the only 58 on the PGA TOUR. Furyk is also one of the players to record a 59.
How many people have shot 59 on the PGA Tour?
Since then there have been five more 59s and one 58 shot on the PGA Tour — including two of them shot by 2018 Ryder Cup USA Captain Jim Furyk. In honor of the anniversary of Duval’s milestone, we take a look at each 59 and 58 shot in Tour history.
What players have shot 59 on the PGA Tour?
To date, eight players have carded a 59 on the PGA Tour:
- Al Geiberger, 1977 Memphis Classic.
- Chip Beck, 1991 Las Vegas Invitational.
- David Duval, 1999 Bob Hope Chrysler Classic.
- Paul Goydos, 2010 John Deere Classic.
- Stuart Appleby, 2010 Greenbrier Classic.
- Jim Furyk, 2013 BMW Championship.
What’s the lowest golf score ever recorded?
55 Is the Lowest (Known) 18-Hole Golf Score Ever Recorded. The lowest score ever recorded for a “regulation” 18-hole round of golf (not an executive course, not a short course, minimum par of 70) is 55. There are four rounds of 55 known to have taken place.
What is the lowest golf score ever recorded by a male on an 18 hole course?
The lowest golf score over an 18 hole course (male) is 55, and was achieved by Rhein Gibson (Australia) at the River Oaks Golf Club in Edmond, Oklahoma, USA on 12 May 2012.
What is the most birdies in a round?
The number ties the record set by Gary Player at 1984 at Shoal Creek when he made 10 birdies in his second round.
Did Jim Furyk shoot a 59?
His final birdie came on the par-3 16th, when he sank a putt from just under 24 feet from the right of the hole. Furyk, with 17 PGA Tour victories, was already one of six golfers to shoot a 59.
Who shot a 59?
One week after Justin Thomas’ 59 in Hawaii, Adam Hadwin became eighth player in PGA Tour history to shoot 59 during the third round of the 2017 CareerBuilder Challenge.