- Has anyone ever got a condor in golf?
- What are the odds of getting an albatross in golf?
- Who has the most albatrosses in golf?
- Has anyone shot a double eagle?
- Are there par 6 holes in golf?
- Who is considered the best golfer ever?
- What is the lowest golf score ever?
- What is the rarest shot in golf?
- What is a snowman in golf?
An albatross, sometimes called a double-eagle, is a score of three under par for an individual hole.
To date, this is how every albatross at a Major has been achieved.
The only golfer to have hit more than one albatross at a Major, instantly becoming the answer to a trivia question, is Jeff Maggert.
Has anyone ever got a condor in golf?
A condor was scored without cutting over a dogleg by Mike Crean at Green Valley Ranch Golf Club in Denver, Colorado, in 2002, when he holed his drive at the 517 yard par-5 9th. This is longest hole in one on record, although it was of course aided by the altitude and thin air of ‘mile-high’ Denver.
What are the odds of getting an albatross in golf?
The National Hole-in-One Registry reports that the odds of a PGA Tour player making a hole in one at 3,000-to-1. The average golfer has a 12,000-to-1 chance. Meanwhile, the Double Eagle Club says the odds of an albatross are 6 million-to-1.
Who has the most albatrosses in golf?
|Gene Sarazen||Masters Tournament||2|
|Bruce Devlin||Masters Tournament||2|
|Jeff Maggert||Masters Tournament||2|
|Louis Oosthuizen||Masters Tournament||2|
14 more rows
Has anyone shot a double eagle?
Two-time U.S. Open champion Johnny Miller made a double eagle on the 558-yard fifth hole at Muirfield during the 1972 Open Championship. Tze-Chung Chen recorded the first double eagle in U.S. Open history when he sank his second shot on the par-5 second hole at Oakland Hills.
Are there par 6 holes in golf?
The longest hole is #9, at 777 yards, par 6. The USGA guidelines are such that any hole 691 yards and longer from the back tees or 591 and longer from the ladies’ tees can be considered a par 6.
Who is considered the best golfer ever?
15 Greatest golfers of all time
- Tom Watson.
- Gene Sarazen.
- Gary Player.
- Arnold Palmer.
- Ben Hogan.
- Bobby Jones.
- Tiger Woods.
- Jack Nicklaus. Majors won: 18 (1963, 1965, 1966, 1972, 1975 & 1986 Masters; 1962, 1967, 1972 & 1980 U.S. Open; 1966, 1970 & 1978 Open Championship; 1963, 1971, 1973, 1975 & 1980 PGA Championship)
What is the lowest golf score ever?
Share. The lowest golf score over an 18 hole course (male) is 55, and was achieved by Rhein Gibson (Australia) at the River Oaks Golf Club in Edmond, Oklahoma, USA on 12 May 2012. River Oaks course measures 6,700 yards with a par score of 71.
What is the rarest shot in golf?
The Condor – the rarest shot in Golf
- Anybody with even a vague knowledge of the game of Golf will be familiar with the term birdie used to describe a score of one under par for a hole.
- Larry Bruce is accredited with having recorded the first ever condor.
What is a snowman in golf?
Dog-balls. Scoring an ‘eight’ on any single golf hole. The origin of the term is in reference to what the number ‘eight’ looks like on its side; also referred to as the “Snowman.” Dogleg. A hole where the fairway is straight for some distance and then bends to the left or right.