Bridge is an all-around great golf warm up exercise for seniors, as it strengthens the spine, lower back, and butt – an important foundation of your golf game.
Start lying down on your back on a firm surface with your knees bent and feet flat on the ground.26 Mar 2019
Is golf good for seniors?
As seniors age in retirement, they rarely come across the level of strategic thinking they did in the workplace, and golf is a great way continue to keep your brain fit. It is also proven that golf releases endorphins (the ‘feel good’ hormones), which help to boost your mood and well-being.
What are good golf exercises?
The 10 Best Exercises for Golfers
- Seated Rotations. Why you should do it: These will improve your rotational mobility, a key component of the golf swing.
- Standing Ys.
- 90/90 Stretch.
- Lateral Pillar Bridge.
- Medicine Ball Parallel Throw.
- Medicine Ball Perpendicular Throw.
- Physioball Pushup.
What age does Senior Golf start?
50 and over
How do I strengthen my back for golf?
5 moves to save your spine
- BACK EXTENSION. Lie face down, folded over the ball with your hands behind your head, elbows flared.
- WALK-OUT PRONE PLANK. Get in a push-up position with the ball resting under your upper thighs.
- REACH-THROUGH. Start on all fours.
- REVERSE PATTERN.
- SIDE STRETCH AND CRUNCH.
31 Mar 2017