The men’s major golf championships, also known simply as the majors, are the four most prestigious events in professional golf.
The competitions are the Masters Tournament, the U.S.
Open, The Open Championship and the PGA Championship, contested annually.
What are considered majors in golf?
Here are the golfers with the most wins in each of the four majors:
- The Masters: Jack Nicklaus, 6 wins.
- U.S. Open: (tie) Willie Anderson, Bobby Jones, Ben Hogan and Nicklaus, 4 wins each.
- British Open: Harry Vardon, 6.
- PGA Championship: (tie) Walter Hagen and Nicklaus, 5 wins each.
What are the 4 golf Majors 2018?
Don’t @ me.
- PGA Championship, August 9-12, 2018, Bellerive Country Club, Town and Country, Missouri.
- The Masters, April 5-8, 2018, Augusta National Golf Club, Augusta, Georgia.
- U.S. Open, June 14-17, 2018, Shinnecock Hills Golf Club, Southampton, New York.
Which golf major is the most prestigious?
The four most prestigious men’s tournaments of the year are called the ‘major championships’ (or ‘majors’): the Masters, the U.S. Open, the British Open, and the PGA Championship.
What is the next golf major 2019?
2019 PGA Tour. The 2019 PGA Tour is the 104th season of the PGA Tour, and the 52nd since separating from the PGA of America. The season began on October 4, 2018. The 2019 FedEx Cup Playoffs will begin on August 8, and conclude on August 25, 2019.