In the early spring or fall, slacks are most commonly worn by women on the golf course.
On warmer days, shorter slacks such as capris, crops or shorts are advised.
Shorter pants should be knee length or longer.
Skorts (a combination of a skirt and shorts) and golf dresses are also popular choices.
What is considered proper golf attire for ladies?
Ladies – Dresses, skirts, slacks, golf shorts, blouses and golf specific t-shirts are considered appropriate attire. Skirts and shorts must be of conservative tailoring and no more than 5” to 6” inches above the knee.
Can you wear jeans golfing?
“Jeans should NOT be allowed in the clubhouse or on a golf course! There are numerous other sports and their venues where Jeans can be worn, so if you must wear them, do so there, but never for golf.
What do you wear to golf?
What’s appropriate to wear:
- Shirt: A golf shirt is perfect.
- Pants, Skirts, Skorts, and Culottes: Pants always will do very nicely—linen, khaki, cotton, or, in cold weather, wool.
- Shorts: Bermuda-length shorts particularly are appropriate virtually everywhere these days, especially in warm weather.
What should you not wear when golfing?
Here are some of the items of clothing that you should always avoid when you are going to play a round of golf.
- Flip Flops.
- A Shirt without a Collar.
- Revealing Clothing.
- Clothing with Commercial Labels.
- Oversize Clothing.
- Ostentatious Jewellery.
- An Untucked Shirt.