Cheapest and Most Expensive Youth Sports
- Soccer. Simply put, soccer is one of the cheapest and easiest sports for a child to pick up.
- Track. Track is another sport that can be practiced almost anywhere.
- Hockey. Ice hockey is one of the most expensive youth sports out there today.
- Horseback Riding.
What sport is the most expensive to play?
Below are the top 10 most expensive sports in the world to decide whether the sport that you play is expensive or not.
- Hot Air Ballooning.
- Modern Pentathlon.
- Formula 1.
- Equestrianism. It is also commonly known as horseback riding or simply horse riding.
How much does it cost to play youth sports?
Most American families (63%) spend anywhere from $100 to $499 per child each month on youth sports, TD Ameritrade found. Another 18% fork over $500 to $999 monthly. Roughly one in 10 (11%) spend $1,000 to $1,999. On the high end, 8% said they spend $2,000 per month or more, or $24,000-plus per year.
What is the most common sport for girls?
What Are the Most Popular Youth Sports?
- Number One Is Basketball. According to ESPN, the most popular sport for girls is basketball with over 450,000 girls playing for a school-sponsored team.
- Baseball/Softball/Tee Ball.
- Football Drops to Third Place.
- Fast Growing Soccer.
- Among Top Five for Girls — Volleyball.
- Outdoor Track and Field.
Whats the most expensive sport for kids?
According to the survey, the most expensive sport for kids is lacrosse, which can cost on average close to $8,000 a year. On the high end, some families spend as much as $17,500 annually on the sport. Hockey comes in second, with the average cost hitting right around $7,000, and a high cost of $19,000.