Top 5 Sports with the Most Injuries
- Football. If you’ve been reading the news lately, then it likely won’t come as much of a surprise that football ranks at number one on our list of sports with the most injuries.
- Basketball. Basketball is next up on our list of sports with the most injuries.
- Baseball And Softball.
What sport has the highest injury rate?
The highest rates of injury occur in sports that involve contact and collisions. More severe injuries occur during individual sports and recreational activities. Most organized sports-related injuries (62 percent) occur during practice.
What sport causes the most injuries?
Which sports cause the most injuries to high school athletes?
- Bowling: An average of 764 injuries each year.
- Rugby: 1,214.
- Field hockey: 1,825.
- Tennis: 1,915.
- Skiing: 4,752.
- Ice skating: 4,999.
- Horseback riding: 5,581.
- Lacrosse: 5,830.
What is the most dangerous sport in America?
The Top 15:
- Basketball: 512,213.
- Bicycling: 485,669.
- Football: 418,260.
- Soccer: 174,686.
- Baseball: 155,898.
- Skateboards: 112,544.
- Trampolines: 108,029.
- Softball: 106,884.
What sport has the most brain injuries?
The top 10 sports-related head injury categories among children ages 14 and younger:
- Cycling: 40,272.
- Football: 21,878.
- Baseball and Softball: 18,246.
- Basketball: 14,952.
- Skateboards/Scooters: 14,783.
- Water Sports: 12,843.
- Soccer: 8,392.
- Powered Recreational Vehicles: 6,818.